CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ahhhh man, the normalness ends

First, let me start off by saying there is no news yet from Dave's SA last week. They typically take a week but we've heard nothing and it's been over a week. As I said before, I usually just assume we'll hear the same news...so one more day that I don't have to hear it is okay by me.

Last night we went out with a group of friends. You remember them, my group of friends that make me feel normal. So we're all sitting around chatting and having fun and, yes, I'm feel normal again. One girl pulls out her cell phone and shows a picture to everyone. Slowly, one by one, we all realize this picture is her pregnancy announcement. Surprisingly, it didn't hit me too hard and I'm going with the flow (still feeling semi-normal) until...ohhhh nooo...I get hit with the "are you guys going to EVER have kids" question.

That's where my normalcy ended. I just sat there as Dave rubbed my back and tears welled up in my eyes, speechless. I couldn't say anything...I didn't want to say anything. It was hard! I do like these friends a lot but they are "newer" friends and don't quite feel ready to overwhelm them with what we're going through. So I just sat there nodding my head and fighting back tears.

Just when I was starting to feel okay again. **sigh**

1 comments:

Jen said...

That's such a hard question, huh? I don't know how you held it together since I would have been sobbing. My latest "theory" is not that people are insensitive but rather they lack the knowledge and awareness of infertility.

I'm sorry you had to deal with THAT question. ((HUGS))