I'm new to this so forgive me while I learn!
I decided to do this for lots of different reasons...the main reason being that I've kept this all in for a long time and lately have really felt the need to "let it all out." I also thought this would be helpful to let some family and friends in on what's been happening with us and may even allow me to find some comfort from others going through the same things. We'll see how it goes!
For now, here's a little background on our story:
My dh and I have been trying for what seems like forever now to start a family. I stopped counting long ago but it's been at least 2 1/2 years, if not longer. For awhile I thought it was just taking a little longer. Then, I kind of knew there was something wrong but just couldn't face what it was. Finally, about a year ago we started the whole testing process (aka torture). This summer we were diagnosed with MIF (male infertility) after an analysis showed 0...that's right 0...sperm. A later biopsy revealed there were, in fact, sperm but they weren't going anywhere due to blockage from previous surgeries as a child. My dh then endured a very painful surgery in hopes of correcting the problem. They were able to correct one side only and give us a 40% chance to start that family we so desire on our own. We are now in the grueling waiting process to see what the outcome will be. So far, the reports have all been the same but I'm trying to not lose hope (although it's hard). The drs. have been encouraging us to wait a full 9 months from the surgery to move to the next step (IVF, donor, adoption, etc) and so we wait!
So if you're still reading...that's us in a nutshell. Thanks for reading!
Sunday, January 27, 2008
A little background
Posted by close2it at Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment